We, Bank of Cyprus UK, own and maintain this website. Below are conditions that apply to all use of this website; please read them carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by our conditions.
Use of website
1. This website is designed for those who access it from the UK. The conditions are subject to English law and only the English courts will have jurisdiction in any dispute.
Our liability to you
2. Our website has been carefully checked, but we give no warranty or make no representation about its accuracy. We do not accept liability for any losses or damages that you may suffer as a result of any one of the following:
- Any inaccuracies in the content of our website
- Interruption or suspension of our website
- Any damage caused to your computer as a result of you downloading from this website (for example through viruses)
3. We accept any duties or liabilities we have to you under the Financial Services and Market Act 2000 or any conduct of business rules made under that Act which we must comply with.
4. Nothing in the Website is intended to provide financial, investment or professional advice.
Trade marks and copyright
5. Our copyright and all other rights are reserved. You may not copy this website or its contents other than for personal use. The Bank of Cyprus UK name and logo are registered trade marks.
Links to external websites
6. You may be able to access websites of other companies or organisations via hypertext links contained in our website. We have no control over the contents of any website other than our own. We cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of any other website. If you decide to access any of the websites linked from our website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
7. Bank of Cyprus UK Limited is registered in England and Wales as company number 04728421, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited which is incorporated in Cyprus.
Our main business is the provision of financial services. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, as firm number 575105. Our address is 27-31 Charlotte Street, London W1T 1RP. Our corresponding address is PO Box 17484, 87 Chase Side, London N14 5WH.
8. Bank of Cyprus UK Limited is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK. All eligible deposits are protected up to £85,000 per customer.
This means that if Bank of Cyprus UK Limited was unable to meet its obligations, our eligible depositors would be able to claim up to £85,000 from the FSCS. The maximum compensation limit applies per depositor not per account, so for joint accounts each account holder would be entitled to compensation up to the maximum limit.
Deposits held in all currencies are protected under the FSCS.
The FSCS covers all personal customers. It also covers all unincorporated partnerships and certain self-invested personal pensions and small self-administered pension schemes. Companies, limited liability partnerships and mutual associations are covered if they are classed as small. The definitions at the date of this document are as follows:
- A company or limited liability partnership is classed as small if it meets at least two of the following criteria: turnover of not more than £6.5 million; balance sheet of not more than £3.26 million; total number of employees of not more than 50.
- A mutual association or partnership is classed as small if it has net assets of not more than £1.4 million.
The FSCS does not cover deposits held with us by other banks, insurance companies, or certain other firms authorised by the Financial Services Authority.
For further information about the FSCS (including eligibility and amounts covered) please contact our Customer Service Team or visit the website of the FSCS at www.fscs.org.uk.
9. If you have a complaint about the contents of our website please contact;
PO Box 17484
87 Chase Side
London N14 5WH
Telephone 0845 850 5555
Outside UK +44 20 8267 7343
10. We aim to resolve as many cases as possible directly with our customers. If exceptionally, having considered our response, you remain dissatisfied, you can, if you are an eligible customer, refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will provide independent arbitration.
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR
Telephone 0300 123 9 123
Outside UK +44 20 7964 1000