Bank of Cyprus UK Limited (‘we/our/us’), trading as Bank of Cyprus UK, incorporated in England and Wales as company number 04728421, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 “the Act”, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use the latest technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and we maintain strict security measures to prevent any unauthorised access to your data by anyone, including our staff.
For the purpose of the Act the data controller is Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited trading as Bank of Cyprus UK of 87 Chase Side, London N14 5WH.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and applications in secure sections of our website. This includes, for example, information provided through Online Banking or online applications for deposits or other products. We may also ask you for information if you happen to report a problem with our site.
- A record of your correspondence if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Online Banking.
- Details of visits to our site and the resources accessed.
When completing any online applications, we will tell you how your information will be used in relation to the product or service that you are applying for. The application and associated conditions will set out details.
When you call us, we will verify your identity by asking you a number of questions based on information known to us about you and the transactions on your account. We may record your telephone conversations with us for training and quality control purposes.
Your IP address is the individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet. This is automatically logged by our web-server and Online Banking application. Unless we suspect fraud, we do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
We use Sitestat, a product of Comscore, on this website to measure and analyse information with respect to visits to our website. To that effect we use your IP-address to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and information such as your browser type.
Browsers are software used to access any webpage, like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, to help navigate through websites. Cookies are small amounts of text that websites send to your browser to help it navigate through the pages.
This website uses performance cookies to monitor how the website is used. All information is stored in an anonymous form and no personal data is captured by this site automatically.
Recent versions of popular browsers give users control over the cookies stored on their machines. You can manually set your browser to accept or reject all or certain cookies or to prompt you every time a cookie is offered.
'Performance' cookies collect information about how visitors use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. They don't collect any information that can identify you personally.
We use performance cookies on our website to:
• Help us improve the website by understanding what pages are popular.
• Identify and correct errors.
• Provide statistics on how our website is used so we can improve the site.
• Monitor the effectiveness of our adverts.
Our 'Performance' cookies will not be used to:
• Gather information that can be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites.
• Target adverts to you on any other website.
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but the cookies are only used for the purposes listed above. Using our site indicates that you accept the use of our performance cookies which is a condition of using the website. If you disable them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
|Here are the cookies we use|
||Essential to remember selections and preferences and is set upon your arrival to the Bank of Cyprus UK site. This cookie is deleted each time you close your browser. |
For more information visit the Microsoft website.
The cookies deployed are:
Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use this to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
||Used to check browser support for technology that improves the presentation of our website. It prevents the browser from repeatedly downloading the SIFR Flash module which makes the page load quicker and saves bandwidth.|
Using this website indicates you accept the use of our cookies described above.
If you prefer to opt out and don’t want to manually set your browser to reject the cookies sent from this website, please click here.
Please note that a cookie will be used to remember your preferences, therefore:
• If you delete all your cookies you will have to update your preferences with us again.
• If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.
Bank of Cyprus UK will only contact you if you have opted-in to receive marketing communications.
Please note that parts of our website may direct you to a third party’s website over which we have no control. For more information about cookies please visit the website set up by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (Europe) at www.allaboutcookies.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Storing Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or Online Banking, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password(s) with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You must download and install Trusteer Rapport which is a free download service that adds valuable security when you log on to Online Banking. For more information, visit www.trusteer.com or access the website through our Online Banking service.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. We will contact you by post, telephone and electronic means such as secure message, e-mail or text message with information about your account with us where you have permitted us to do so or where the conditions of your account allow.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means other branches of our company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our agents, service providers and data processors that provide a service to us and operate within in the EEA and those, if any, that operate outside of the EEA but are bound under contract by the same privacy and security rules of the EEA.
- Any person or business (and their advisers) who might take over our rights or responsibilities under our agreement with you to allow them to prepare for taking these over (after that, we may also allow that person or business to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
- Law enforcement and crime prevention agencies. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We will not pass your information to anyone outside Bank of Cyprus Public Company Ltd other than for the purposes described above, unless:
- We have your permission;
- We have to do so by law;
- We have a duty to the public to reveal the information; or
- Our interests mean we must give the information - for example, to prevent fraud (we will not use this as a reason for giving information about you to anyone else for marketing purposes).
If you are applying for any of our products we may check your details with fraud prevention agencies, and if you give false or inaccurate information and we feel that there is a fraud or suspicion of a fraud, we will report this to law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt;
- checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance;
- checking details of job applicants and employees;
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
You can contact us at Compliance, Bank of Cyprus UK, PO Box 17484, 87 Chase Side, London N14 5WH if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies that we use.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You may also contact us at any time at email@example.com if you want us to stop sending you marketing material. However, choosing not to receive this information from us will mean that you may not receive details about any of our special offers and promotions.
You have a right to receive a copy of certain information we hold about you if you apply in writing. To do this, simply write to us at:-
Bank of Cyprus UK
PO Box 17484
87 Chase Side
London N14 5WH
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.