Laptops and mobiles
As a customer of Bank of Cyprus UK, you can access your bank account and make transactions on the move via your laptop and internet-enabled mobile phone. However, it is important to be extra vigilant when doing so, we therefore recommend that you:
- Never leave your laptop logged on and unattended in public, for example when socialising after work or in airport lounges.
- Never use your laptop or mobile phone in situations where you can be seen or overheard by third parties, such as on the bus or train or in a hotel lobby.
- Never discuss confidential or business related information in public places, whether face-to-face or on a mobile phone.
- Lock your mobile phone and secure your laptop when not in use.
- Delete SMS messages from the Bank once you have read them.
Also, as you can never be certain about the security of public wireless networks or computers in public places - such as hotels, libraries or internet cafes, we recommend that you:
- Don’t access your Online Banking account in such situations. You can instead securely access Online Banking via your internet-enabled mobile phone.
- Never change your security details while using a public wireless network or a public computer
- Never provide your account details to any third parties - such as online shopping sites - while using public facilities
- Always be aware of the activities of those around you